Sunday, April 14, 2013

Easter.

Just realized (now that it is April 14th), that I never posted about Easter, oops.  Our Easter was a little different this year because I worked in the nursery at the first two services at church because there were big crowds expected!  Of course we had plenty of help and not many kids, isn't that how it always works?!  If there was no help, there would have been an over flow of kids!  I do love volunteering in the nursery at church, its the least I could do.

So my sweet husband got Gage ready for the 3rd service and met me at church.  Grace Covenant never disappoints.  It was a WONDERFUL service and a time to thank Jesus for all the sacrifices he made for us, even though we don't deserve it.

After service, my family and I ate at my moms.  We had a TON of food, as usual but it was all soooo yummy!  Mimi made her infamous mac and cheese and NO.ONE can make it like her, NO.ONE and there is nothing that compares.

As always an Easter tradition in our family is for Nanny and PawPaw (mom and dad) to hide eggs.  Dad likes to put $1 in several eggs and a $20 in one egg, THE "Money Egg".  Mom and Lauren hid the eggs this year while the rest of us sat inside.  They hid a lot that were easy to find and low enough for the little ones to reach them!  Erik and I walked around with Gage and no, we did not cheat or pick up a bunch of eggs.  However, Gage found the money egg and several $1 eggs :)  He racked up....$25!

After visiting with family, we came home.  Erik and I watched the finale of 'The Bible'.  OMG....I hope everyone saw that.  If that doesn't open your eyes and make you thankful (amongst a million other things), I don't know what will.  The crucifixion seemed so real (yes, I know it was a real thing, but it seemed like I was there watching it in person) and I was balling my eyes out.  The punishment and pain that Jesus went through for ME, I can't even fathom.  It hurt so bad to watch him suffer.  I am so thankful that I watched it though, it made me really think about how lucky we are.  Why would he do that for us?  Well, because he loves us.  Still does.  Always will.  Thank you lord for going through TORTURE so that I have eternal life.

Here are a few pictures from the day.


Look what the Easter Bunny dropped off!

Ooooo, ahhh.


Easter Egg Hunt at Nanny and PawPaws.


Um actually Gage, we are going for the eggs, not leaves.


Opening his eggs with daddy. 


Gage would rather have the candy.


Showing off his money :)


LOVES his Bergman Cousins :)
Mia, Gage, Tristen, Bella


Happy Easter!  From Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment