Sunday, October 26, 2014

Lyla is 5 months. I'm way late.

Warning:  This post is going to be scatter-brained.  I'm sick and its 7:30 in the morning (thanks Lyla).

Lyla is 5 months.....like 3 weeks ago, oops.  Fatty girl is doing well :)  We love her to pieces and just like her brother, she doesn't stay still.  She is a strong little thing.  Her legs are always stiff...like she has to stand up to burp, seriously.  She is NOT a cuddler, doesn't like to be rocked, and likes to be held facing out.  She loves to lay on her back and play, not a huge fan of any sort of swing or bouncy seat.  We did just get out the walker and she will sit in that for a little while.

I am feeding her and she will not have anything to do with formula. She has had maybe 5 formula bottles in her lifetime...should I be worried she is high maintenance already?!  She is not the best sleeper, well she was but SIKE, not anymore.  She is getting up around 1 and then 4ish now.  Not sure why because we don't see any teeth but I'm use to it now.  Sometimes Erik or I will put the paci back in her mouth and she will go back to sleep.  She will take random naps...random times and for random lengths of time.  I am not a schedule type person and Gage just set his own schedule so I'm hoping that will "pan" out soon.  Yaya can do anything so I'm sure she'll have her going in no time :)

She rolls over now...has been for a while.  However, she doesn't like to be on her tummy so she fusses once she gets there.  She loves to smile and we love it when she does.  She will smile all day if you talk to her.  I love it when she smiles so big, her paci falls out :)

Judge if you want, but Lyla got her ears pierced a few weeks ago.  Now I don't feel obligated to put a head band on her :)  She did very well.  They did her left one and before she could get the scream out, they were done with the right one.  She cried for about 30 seconds.  I am supposed to clean them 3 times a day....yea right.  So they get cleaned once and she is surviving, imagine that.

Gage is doing fabulous with her.  He actually entertains her and makes her smile.  He will get her blanket and paci when she needs it.  I love them together.

I'm pretty sure she is ready to inhale some food.  She stares at us when we eat.  We tried rice cereal to see if that would help her sleep.  She loved to eat it but it didn't help with sleep so we quit.  RUDE.  I know, but its just one more thing to do.  Fatty is ready for some green beans and bananas...6 months is like 2 weeks away, can't believe it.

Here are some pictures of our sweet little thang!



Rice cereal.  Promise, she liked it.  She didn't like me taking a break to take a picture.



Before ears pierced.


After.  Milk helps everything.





Let's play:  Find Lyla.
Loungin' around with Cousin Chase and Gage.


Snuggled up at the pumpkin patch.

2 comments:

  1. Was searching for my GF’s blog and came across yours. Started reading and came to your recent post about piercing your daughter's ears. She looks totally adorable with little earrings. It reminded me of my own experience having our daughter's ears pierced at about the same age. I actually dreamed of my baby with earrings when the nurses first handed her to me in the delivery room, she had little gold balls in each ear :) After she was born, I could hardly wait to get them pierced.

    This was a perfect age to pierce her ears! Believe although it was your husband's suggestion, you were a smart mommy for following up on his idea and doing the research including asking your pediatrician.

    Promise many moms will be envious of your decision and wish they had pierced their girls as infants too. Babies and little girls with little pierced ears celebrates their femininity and femaleness.

    There is nothing cuter than seeing a little baby girl with pretty gold earrings. If she was ever called a boy, then I promise she won't be mistaken for a boy ever again!

    Our ped encouraged me doing it when mommy could care for them. Also, she gave me some info for moms having their dd’s ears pierced to find the right person and place to do it.

    Would be happy to share by e-mail with any moms wanting more info or trying to decide ” to pierce or not to pierce.”

    Amy

    Amyswor1765@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy, I am so glad I did it too!! She doesn't seem bothered by them AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete