Sunday, January 18, 2015

7 & 8 months.

Seriously, we have been sick in this household since October....not kidding.  I have never been sick so often in my LIFE and I'm a teacher; I have a good immune system.  Gage and Lyla have been sick almost as much as I have, poor babies.  Lyla is just now getting over a double ear infection.  Erik too...and you know how whiny men are when they are sick.....love ya babe!

So the whole point of that intro was to let you know I have a good excuse for not updating the blog....I have lots of those :)  Need one?  Just ask.

Anyways, I feel like a lot has happened since Lyla was 6 months old.  She is now sleeping consistently, yeppppp! Finally.  So apparently when I was breastfeeding she wasn't getting enough.  She finally wouldn't refuse formula anymore (around 7 months old) and now has (4) 8 ounce bottles a day versus (4) 4 ounce bottles a day...poor thang.  Needless to say we are all formula here.  She will only drink Enfamil A.R. (added rice).  Whatever.  If she drank $80 formula I'd still buy it, I need sleep :) Erik has been a HUGE help now that he can help feed her.  Speaking of Erik......

Lyla is a daddy's girl.  Why is that?!  Why are boys into their moms and girls into their dads?  Weird. Seriously though, she loves him.  He gets her to sleep like no other.  He tried to teach me the trick but I'm not quite as good.  She will say "da-da" sometimes.  Turd.  What about "momma"?

She is smiling ALL.THE.TIME.  That big ol' head and one little dimple always makes for a cute smile, ha!  To think the doctors thought her head was proportionally small (in the womb), hilarious.  She loves to be talked to and LOVES her brother.  There is nothing sweeter than Gage entertaining, singing, and loving on Lyla.  He loves her to pieces....never saw that coming.  He calls her "Lyla Boo", "pretty girl", and "punkin".  Sweet thang.  He might be crazy but he is protective over his sister.

She loves her jumperoo, Erik and I love watching her jump in it.  She still likes the paci; should be interesting when its time to get rid of it.  Gage just didn't want his anymore one day....we could only be so lucky with Lyla.

She is sitting up but if she reaches for something to the left or right, down she goes.  She LOVES to roll on the floor; she will roll around for an hour and be completely happy.  She is extremely difficult to feed.  She has ADD.  She is so into everyone else or every little sound that she hears so she is constantly looking around.  So as you put the food to her mouth, she turns the other way and it gets everywhere.  She loves fruit and to get her to eat veggies, I have to mix her food when I make it.  Did I mention she is high maintenance?

I see Gage in her as in, the not staying still part.  She is always reaching for something or pulling my hair out and ya'll know I need my hair (EVERY strand).  I still love her though.

She enjoyed her first Christmas, she actually ripped open her gifts, ha!  She was dedicated to our church days later and we couldn't be more blessed.   I have some more updating to do but until then, here is our little angel :)




Violet (our sweet neighbor) and Lyla


Grey and Lyla


Bella and Lyla


Love this girl!


Lucky girl to have a big brother that loves her so much!



We brought good luck to the Panthers when she wore this.  The last game.....not so much. 



Tea Party action....Sorry Gage.


How did she get so big?!


I could squeeze her.



She loves Daisy girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment