Monday, May 11, 2015

Hawaii.

Erik and I went on a trip of a lifetime.  I have to say, Hawaii is the MOST beautiful place I have ever seen.  Erik and I went to Jamaica for our honeymoon....it doesn't have anything on Hawaii.  So the reason why we got to go on this trip was because of my hard-working husband.  He was rewarded for his hard work and dedication with basically a free trip to Hawaii.  Like I have told everyone, if you have lots of time and money.....go visit Hawaii.  

Anyways.  The flight is SOOOOO long....like really long.  Not to mention the 6 hour time change.  Our flight there and flight back was over 10 hours each way.  We stopped in LA each time.  If it were a direct flight I might would have gone cRaZy.  We left on Thursday morning at 7:45am and arrived there at 2:20pm (8:20pm) our time.  It wasn't too hard to adjust to the time change when we got there.  But when arriving back to Charlotte...thats a different story.  I don't think I slept for 2-3 nights.  

Our hotel was B-E-Autiful.  We stayed at the Westin Resort in Maui.  The ocean was clear blue and the residents/workers at the resort were super friendly and nice.  I will say that I wasn't so impressed with the food we ate, however the hula pie....YUM!


We arrived!


View from our balcony.  Ahhh!


I think his name was Bob, lol.


Yea, I took a picture of my breakfast.  They had a starbucks ON THE RESORT.  


We went whale watching.  We saw what they call a "pod" of male whales and 1 female.  They were fighting over "the love" of a female.  So much cool info we learned but one of the things the guides told us is that the males will hit each other with their tails, swim over top of each other so they can't come up for air and ram into each other for the one female.  Pretty cool.  Dork, yep.  


So pretty.


ONE tree.  160 years old.


Burnt.


Not gonna lie, that's the only time we got in the ocean.  Ha!


We were told to eat here...eh, it was ok.  The trivia as we ate dinner was pretty fun though!  Run Forest Run!


SO glad we did this.  Ziplining through the West Maui Mountains.  There were 8 zip lines ranging from 700 feet to 2000 feet.  







Beautiful Mountains in Maui...zip lining


Luau


Hula Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment