Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Life Changes but Memories Don't.

Change is hard because its uncomfortable.  It's unfamiliar.  It's starting over.  It's a new beginning.  BUT.....change is good.  Now that the bittersweet news is out, I have accepted a 2nd grade position at Iron Station Elementary!  Best Part?!  Its 5 minutes from my house, 5 minutes ya'll!!!!  I'm confident that Gods timing is always perfect.  With that said, this wasn't an easy decision.

I worked at Corvian for 4 years.  I was there when it went from 75 students to over 300.  I looped with two classes (kindergarten to 1st each time) and was supposed to continue one of those loops this year.  I got to see my sweet little nieces (the Gibson crew) in the hallways each day.  I met some amazing kids whom I'll never forget and their parents.....talking about support, wow.  I still keep in touch with many of the kids and parents I've had in the past and I am so grateful for that.  I also met some of my closest friends.  We knew when one another needed help (work smarter, not harder) and most importantly, we had a good time!  Oh how I'll miss working with you ladies...you know who you are!  

Although this has been a struggle to decide to leave, I know it is what's best for my family.  Thank you all for your sweet words, encouragement and prayers.  Cheers to a new beginning but the memories lasting!



My first team at Corvian (Sara not pictured).  What would I have done without y'all?!


Corvian 5K...a yearly tradition.


A summer tradition...day out at the brewery!  2016.  




Decade day with Jenel and Kristen.  Representin' the 80s.


Katie!


THIS, this right here is what I'm going to miss the most, our Friday morning coffee dates.
PS.  Where are you Jenel?!


LOVE these girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment