Monday, July 29, 2013

First 'REAL' Beach Trip.

As usual, I am behind the times.  We went on our annual Looper Family Beach Trip July 14-21st.  Gage had been to the beach before when he was too young to know so this was his first "REAL" beach trip as I like to call it :)

We had a GREAT time, well except for one day but I'll get to that later!  Gage and I drove down on Monday morning and Erik came down Wednesday morning.  The first day we went to the sandbar and Gage was non stop.  He would go into the water then on the sand, in the water, on the sand.  Per the usual, we had to chase him the whole day...but it was fun!  I think we went to the sandbar 2 or 3 days.  When going to the sandbar, we obviously went by boat.  Gage was not a fan of having to wear a life jacket.  He liked to the boat but when we went fast, I think he held his breath or something because he didn't really care for that either.  If I blocked him from the "wind", he was fine.

Well....Wednesday was not such a great day.  We got to the sandbar late so we didn't get our usual spot in the shade.  We found a spot so Dad and Erik parked the boat, we got out all the chairs, toys, towels, bags, cooler, you name it....we had it, out of the boat.  Reese and the girls started playing in the water and the next thing we know, Reese is screaming and running out of the water.  We thought maybe a crab got her.  After looking at her (and Gracie too), we noticed little white lines and the area around it was really red. Reese and Gracie said they felt it stinging.  So we concluded a jellyfish must have gotten them and maybe we should move to a different area.  So we walked all our stuff to another spot, treking it all through the sand.  I swear it wasn't 15 minutes later, Lauren and Tristen were sitting at the shore line.  They got stung too.  That was enough for me and mostly everyone else, besides Bella.   So we just played in the sand for a whole.  After about 30 minutes, I decided to take a dip :)  Well, as soon as I walked into the water, I got stung.  Thankfully I was standing up so I was able to react pretty quickly.  It feels like someone constantly poking you with needles.  Its not unbearable but certainly not comfortable.  That lasted for a good 45 minutes.  Last but not least, Bella kept saying "I'm not getting stung".  She kept on and on in the water.  Well, the jellyfish got her good.  She definitely got it the worse.  She got stung all over her legs, arms, and neck area....BAD.  I wish I would have taken a picture.  So, they say pee on a jellyfish sting.  Well, that doesn't ring true :)  That's all I'm gonna say about that.  Needless to say, Thursday was quite an adventure.

The last few days, we did not go back to the sandbar.  We decided to go to the beach :)  On Friday everyone got burnt so Saturday we all decided we should stay away from the sun.  We drove to the aquarium and it was SO cool!  We saw lots of creatures and even watched a scuba diving show were the scuba diver got in a huge tank with lots of sea creatures and told us all about them.  Gage and the girls were very excited!

I am such a lucky girl to have an amazing family to spend time with every year.  I love them all dearly and had an awesome time.


T modeling :)


Lovin' it!


1st day at the Sandbar!


Nice Outfit.


Dinner at Bluewater



Little Silhouette :)


What would I do without these two?!


Bella Bergman is one.of.a.kind


PawPaw and Nannie








Looper Beach Trip 2013!


Checkin' out the fish with PawPaw @ the Aquarium




Blowfish!



This is what got us.  Losers.


No comments:

Post a Comment