Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Our sweet little boy.

Gosh, Gage is growing up.  Seriously, where does the time go?  I feel like I haven't posted about him in....well, months.  So, it will just make me feel better to talk about him and "what he is doing" now-a-days.

Erik was changing him the other day and he said, "Come look at his legs."  So I went in there and he probably had 7-10 bruises on each leg.  Wanna know why?!  Because that boy is NON stop.  He trips over air, seriously.  He cannot walk, he only jogs or runs.  He is always in a hurry (like his momma), but he is the happiest little boy.  He is always smiling and laughing.  Although I can get stressed and upset, he can turn that around in a matter of seconds.  How could I not be thankful and grateful for this little life that God has put Erik and I in charge of?  What is better than being a mommy?  I dunno, but right now that's on the top of my list (besides being a wife, haha).


I do have to say, Gage loves his PawPaw.  Every time we pull in the driveway its, "PawPaw, PawPaw."  Everyone loves my dad but there is something about him that Gage adores (I guess he sees what I have seen all these years).  If we walk down to the barn where PawPaw is, Gage automatically walks to the 4-wheeler/golf cart.  I don't really know what that thing is.  Its like a gas powered golf-cart.  But anyways, him and PawPaw ride in it all the time.  Gage gets up in the seat and says, "Go".




Now when Gage eats, he DOES NOT want help.  He likes to feed himself and prefers a fork/spoon over his fingers.  He is feeding himself yogurt now and does pretty well.  He still LOVES his water and is starting to not be so interested in whole milk, depending on the day.


He is into EVERY.THING.  Drawers, cabinets, plugs (yea, I know...dangerous), dog food, dog poop (yep, he definitely picked up a turd and brought it to me this weekend), you name it....he has gotten into it.

He is not into kisses right now unless you tell him to give someone else a kiss.  If you ask for a kiss, he won't do it.  When we tell him its time for bed, guess who he goes up to first for a kiss?  Daisy. After he gets a face lick from Daisy (yea, gross...I know) then he will kiss Erik and I.  If Daisy won't lick him, he holds his mouth open (he gives open mouth kisses) until she does.  That poor Daisy, she has been such a good dog with him.  He pulls her ears, rides on her back, pulls up her gums and checks out her teeth (lol), and eats her food.  Seriously?!  I promise, I'm not a bad parent.  I just let my child eat dog food, get licked in the face, and play with plugs.



Despite what one may think, I think Erik and I are purty good parents :)  We love Gage to pieces and are so thankful for the joy he brings us!


No comments:

Post a Comment