Sunday, January 13, 2013

Update: 8 Day Challenge

Well...I made it!  I have completed my 8 day challenge :)  I do have to say, I have never, EVER tried to diet or watch what I eat BUT it is really not that bad.  It's not too hard to eat healthy, you just have to do it!  It can be expensive but isn't it worth being healthy and feeling great?!

So I lost 4 pounds, 2 inches from my waist, 1 inch for my chest (that's probably not a great thing considering, ok...nevermind), and 1 inch from my thighs (LORD, I could loose a lot more).  I'll be honest, I thought I would loose more BUT I feel great and do not regret anything.  I am still continuing to do one protein shake a day (mainly for breakfast because I am horrible about eating breakfast) and definitely taking the vitamins.  I took the energy vitamin before Zumba yesterday, OMG....I was gettin it!  I was so sweaty when I was done but it felt so good!

Here are some things I realized that I CAN live without after doing the 8 day challenge:
1. SWEETS
2.  French fries (my weakness.....Erik definitely just went to Cook Out and I only got a hamburger AND I took the top bun off before eating it)
3.  Coke and Sweet Tea
4.  Chips (I love salty sweets)
5.  Carbs (OMG, I didn't realize how many carbs I was eating on a daily basis)

This is what I learned from the 8 day challenge:
1.  You can be healthy if you deem it important AND let me tell you, it's important
2.  It feels great to have energy, I didn't realize how 'unenergized' I was until doing this
3.  Drink lots of WATER (I could go from 8 am to 4 pm without peeing and that is not a good thing.  I was definitely not drinking enough water)
4.  Choose snacks high in protein (not salt or sugar- oops!)
5.  Protein shakes are DA BOMB and great if you are bad about eating breakfast or just too busy to eat a meal- yep, it happens
6.  Eat carbs in moderation, it won't kill you...I promise
7.  With support....you can do anything

So with a few extra pounds and inches gone, a more energized mind and body, and an increased desire to be healthy and make healthier choices....I would say the 8 day challenge was a success!  However, although I am done with the 8 day challenge (I will probably do another one soon), I am not done seeing results!  Who says a momma can't look like she once did?! I did at first, but I don't believe it now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment