Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day.

I'm a day late, oops.  I have a few shout outs..... to my dad and my husband who are both AMAZING fathers.

I'll start with my dad.  If you don't already know, I am a daddy's girl.  Everyone always says I look and act like my dad.  My dad is very outgoing and is always the life of the party :)  He is not afraid to talk to ANYONE and will give you the shirt off his back.  He has been there for me since day one.  Growing up, he provided me with everything (and more) that I needed, always supported what I did, and raised me in a home that I hope to raise my children in.

When I was little he use to pay me for foot and back massages.  I use to walk on his back and rub his feet with lotion, haha.  I would also sit with him and he would rub my ears, one of his favorite things to do.  He taught me how to ride a bike without training wheels, throw a ball, swing a bat, be tough, and love my family as he loved us.  He taught me to always say yes mam and no sir and to never give up.  He taught me what it meant to love your children.  Although I hated it, I always had an earlier curfew than everyone else.  He would say, "nothing good happens after midnight".  Now, I know he was right.    Lastly (but certainly not least), he taught me how to enjoy life.  To always have fun and to live life to the fullest.

Some other memories were the countless softball games he sacrificed his time and crazy work schedule (especially when I was in college) to come see me play.  Let me tell you, when my dad wasn't in the stands he REALLY couldn't be there and for me, it was not the same.  I always felt like I was playing for my dad and I wanted to make him proud.  He was hard on me and expected me to do well and HE is the reason why I got a scholarship to play in college and had a successful career.  He spent countless hours working with me and teaching me all about the game.

Ok, I'll stop after this one.  One of my favorites from my adulthood happened about a week before Erik and I were to marry.  I was just kinda joking and told dad that we should break out into a dance :)  He was ALL for it!  So I made it up, we practiced for about 3 or 4 days, and we made it happen!  The practices were hilarious.  My mom helped and I'm pretty sure she laughed the entire time.  Now, whose Dad would embarrass themselves by dancing in front of hundreds of people?!  Mine.

As you can see, I adore my dad.  I am ever so thankful for all that he has done for me.  Happy Father's Day Dad, I love you!











Now to my husband whom Gage adores and lights up EVERY.TIME he sees him.  I love when Erik gets home from work.  Gage runs to the door and says DAD-E.  I knew when I met Erik that he would be an amazing father.  He is such a loving, kind, patient man who is just so laid back about life.  He works very hard and goes above and beyond to provide for our family.  No matter the long hours that he works, he always has time for Gage.  Him and Gage have their own little routines and "activities" they like to do and I melt every time I see them interacting.  Gage loves for his daddy to read to him.  Almost nightly, Gage gets a book out of the toy chest, sits down in Erik's lap, and points to the book.  They have this little game they play where Erik holds Gage out in front of him (like Gage is sitting on a seat) and runs around the house doing George Jetson sounds.  Gage has a little red car and Erik pulls him around the house at 100 mph and Gage just cackles.  Anytime Erik and Gage leave a room, Erik has him turn off the light.  Now, he won't leave a room without turning off the light (yea...I know, its the little things).  Anyways, Erik is a one.of.a.kind daddy.  Him and Gage will definitely be Best Buds and I can't wait to witness it :)  Erik, thank you for loving Gage with such enthusiasm.  Thank you for always making time for him.  Thank you for putting your heart and soul into making sure Gage is raised in a loving home.  Happy Father's Day, we love you!














No comments:

Post a Comment