Friday, June 14, 2013

Ms. Cindy.

If you are a parent, you know how stressful it can be to find a babysitter/nanny/daycare that you truly trust and feel comfortable leaving your child/children with.  Well, Erik and I couldn't have been luckier in the "childcare" department.  I work with a friends Kari and her husband Dan, whose mom moved from Michigan to take care of their little girl Addi, who is now 2 and now sweet little Gracyn who is a little over 2 months.  Kari mentioned when I was pregnant that her mom has always watched babies.  So, Erik and I were off to meet her!  Well....we knew right when we met her that we could not only trust her but we knew that Gage would be VERY well taken care of with Cindy.

I am writing this post about Cindy because we truly feel beyond blessed to have her watch our Gage.  She is one of the most selfless, caring, giving, and trusthworthy woman we know.  Gage loves her to pieces.  Her granddaughter calls her Ya-Ya so now thats all Gage says!  Erik usually takes Gage in the mornings but sometimes when he had to be at work early I would take him.  As soon as we walk in the door, he reaches for Cindy.  You can tell the way he looks at her and laughs with her that he trusts her and LOVES being with her.  I cannot tell you what a relief it is to see him interact with Cindy.  I promise, I do not worry AT ALL when I am at work.  She has taught Gage SO much.  Like the Itsy Bitsy Spider, animal sounds, writing his name (not quite independent yet, haha), "thank you", etc.  You can tell she truly spends time with him.

Just a few examples to tell you how awesome she is :)  Gage had a fever one Monday morning and I did not want him to get Addi or Gracyn (who was a newborn at the time) sick.  I called Cindy that morning to tell her I was going to stay home with him because of the fever.  She insisted that I not stay home, that she come to our house to watch Gage.  She did that for a WHOLE week.

On Gage's first birthday, she decorated their home with balloons and little streamers!   She NEVER forgets a holiday either.  For Christmas her and Gage made Erik and I the sweetest little snowman ornament with his finger prints and another ornament that was a mold of his feet!  On Mother's Day she made me a heart shaped necklace that had an imprint of Gage's fingerprint on it.   She definitely is ONE.OF.A.KIND.

Gage is going to miss her this summer but he will anticipating when they reunite again in August!  Cindy, you mean so much to us and we THANK YOU for taking such great care of Gage.

We love you!


Gage and Cindy!


Gage loves his Addi.  Hugs!


Gage, Cindy, and Addi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment