Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wig: Day 1.

So......I wore my wig to school today.  I haven't worn it yet for several reasons.  It's hot.  It's itchy.  I have never worn it for more than a few hours at a time.  I wasn't sure what people would say.  I wasn't sure how to react when someone might say, "I love your new haircut" (I felt like I was lying when I said "thank you" because its technically not my hair).  I wasn't sure if my kids would notice.  Ya know, they will tell you the truth?!  Well....in good ol' Corvian fashion, the day was wonderful and I felt great.  I love Corvian.  I love my co-workers.  I again, am so lucky.

Erik was surprised when he saw me wearing it.  He said, "Good, you are wearing your wig to school". I got to school and before I could walk down to my room people that don't know "my story" were very complimentary:  "I love your cut", "You look so cute today".  So sweet.  Also, when your hair isn't "right" or how you want it, as a woman...it makes you feel kinda BLAH.  So that is how I've felt a lot since this has happened.  Today I felt different.  I felt somewhat normal.

Then there are lots that do know "my story" and came and talked to me about it.  I did NOT get emotional....today, wahoo!  My kids walked in and were like, "Mrs. Nordmark got her hair cut!".  One of my very bright ones said, "You look weird"....haha, I wanted to say, "TRUST me, I feel weird", but I refrained.  One of my friends at school asked if I was self conscious.  I'm not really, but I can feel the wig and its not all that comfortable so I feel like I am constantly touching it.  It also has bangs which I'm not really use to.  But wigs without bangs look very "wiggy" to me so that's why I opted for the bangs.  As my dad would say, "You don't need no bangs, get your hair out of your face and put it in a pony tail".

My wig is fairly dark (its called dark chestnut) and my hair right now is highlighted.  Well, let me rephrase that.  Its WAY over due for highlights but clearly that's not happening anytime soon.  I go to get my hair cut tomorrow, say a little prayer.  Not sure what the outcome will be but I am planning on getting it shorter so its easier to wear hats and the wig.

Speaking of "The Wig", my super creative friend came up with a great name for it...Miley.  Funny story.  Erik and I were talking about baby girl names and YES, he suggested Miley.  I looked at him and said, "are you serious??"  Clearly that name has been ruined.  Sad though, because it was cute.  If you have a child named Miley, don't be offended.  I am sure she won't grow up to be like Miley Cyrus.

Anyways, I wanted to share a positive story about "my hair journey".  I know something good is going to come out of this so yes, I remain hopeful.  Thank you to my Corvian family for all your thoughts, prayers, sweet comments, and love.  I have ALWAYS worked with wonderful people and I cannot be more thankful.  Here's to Wig: Day 2, but not tomorrow.  I have to forget how itchy it was today and when I forget, I'll wear it again :)

3 comments:

  1. Rock it out Lady!! Certainly not the look you would have opted for but when you make the most of these "SUCKY" circumstances, YOU will feel better and not worry about what anyone else has to say. This too shall pass and until it does, switch it up when you feel like it, rock a hat with hit, do whatever YOU feel like doing!! Remember you're only going "THROUGH" to "GROW you and help others along the way. You have a story, don't be ashamed to tell it. Love you much!! Mrs Simmons

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are and have always been such an inspiration :) Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete