Friday, August 22, 2014

Lyla Ray is 3 months.

Although this happened 2 weeks ago...Lyla is 3 months!  The day we got back from TN she had her first appointment with the cardiologist since birth.  She did such a good job and we got great news :)  Her heart sounds great and we do not have to go back for 2 years!! When we do go back, they will do an actual echocardiogram to see if the membrane is still in her left atrium (this time they just hooked her up to a monitor- see picture below).   I feel so "smart" saying left atrium....I sound like I know what I'm talking about :)

Oh my, she is the sweetest little thing.  She loves to smile and she doesn't stop moving....hm...wonder where that comes from?!  Me.  Both of our poor kids got that gene from me...thanks dad.  She has been sleeping through the night since about 10 weeks old.  She goes to bed around 8:30 every night and I have to wake her up at 6:15am before I leave for work to feed her. On the weekend she sleeps til' about 9am...wahoo!  When we first brought her home from the hospital she liked to be held and was a little fussy.  Now....she is an angel and super easy (most of the time...knock on wood).  She has done great with Yaya too.  Yaya (Cindy- Gage and Lyla's saint of a babysitter) already pretty much has her on a schedule and has her eating every 4 hours.  She's the best.  Seriously.  So I am pumping twice at work and everything is goin' well!

Gage is SO much better as far as being more gentle.  He loves Lyla to pieces.  He went/is still going through some 'Terrible Two' stages/days here and there but other than that, he tells people, "dat's my sista".

Life is good.  No.  Better than good.


At the cardiologist.


 I could just squeeze her.


She's got one dimple :)


A little cross-eyed at the moment.....her brother makes her that way sometimes.


Water park!

No comments:

Post a Comment