Friday, August 22, 2014

Short Hair Club.

The dreaded hair update......

So I basically have had a mullet for I don't even know how long.  I was wearing a hat literally everyday and "the wig" only on special occasions or when I felt like I wanted to "dress up"- as in wear something other than yoga pants or athletic shorts.  I was so tired of wearing hats (A.uno.one hat...I had one hat that fit me and I tried on millions) and I sure was not gonna wear the wig anymore in this heat.  I told Erik that I might as well just cut it off.  He didn't want me to but I am serious when I say...I.HAD.A.MULLET....and the mullet part was thin, like paper thin.  My hair was (and still is) falling out and I was just sick of it.  It wasn't like I could wear it down or in a pony tail.  I had to put it in this little nappy ball and wear it so I had some sticking out of my hat.  Why?  Exactly.

All my spots have hair growth in them (some more than others) so the hair that has grown back is pretty thick and its mainly on the top of my head.  I made the decision.  I wanted to get it cut.

Sooo....I did.  And for the first time ever, I cried afterwards.  Let me say, I'm pretty laid back and have never cried after a hair cut.  But as SOON as I got in the car, I started crying.  Yes, I was feeling sorry for myself.  Shame.  Shame.  I hated it.  I did not look like a girl.  I did not look pretty.  I did not have hardly any hair.  My hair has NEVER been even close to this short (except this one time when I was little AND it was permed but thats a whole nother' blog post- don't start laughing because I know many of you saw that beautiful 'do' I had in kindergarten).  So I got myself together and called Erik.  He asked if I liked it and I just started crying all over again.  Then I cried when I got to my moms to pick up Gage and Lyla.  But I promise...I haven't cried since :)  Its been a week and I've accepted it.  Do I like it?  Um.  No.  Not because my hair dresser did a bad job because she had no choice.  Its just short.  REALLY short.

I knew what I was getting myself into but I didn't think I would be so upset.  You know how when you have long hair you always wonder what you would look like with it short?  Well now I know.  I know I would never get it cut this short again, ha!

So.....here's to BIG earrings, quick showers, and even shorter mornings.  My hair IS growing back and some is still falling out but the hair you see on my head below...its all NEW :)  By the way....as if I didn't look hot enough, its growing back curly.  So when its in those awkward stages as it grows back, I'm gonna have an afro.  But hey, at least its hair, right?!

I am blessed and I know that.  No one said life is easy.  No one said "God puts us through it so we can't get through it".  There's a reason and whatever that reason is....i'm forever grateful.

Please pray that my hair STOPS falling out.  I can't even remember what its like to have beautiful, long hair.  I can't wait for that day again.



Me, Piper, Gracie, Lyla, and baby Grey :)


Love these two.  They have been there for me through it all :)

1 comment: