Sunday, December 2, 2012

Our first trip to the ER with Gage.

Nothing like some bad news for the first post, right?! So Gage has been sick for about 2 weeks now with a runny nose and constant coughing.  I didn't take him to the doctor because every time I do they say, "Its just normal, plug in the humidifier and give him some Tylenol". Ugh, so annoying. So anyways, we put Gage to bed at 7:45 on Thursday night.  Well usually I am asleep by 10 at the latest and Erik doesn't hear the monitor (unless its on full blast) but we were up watching 'Panic 9-1-1' (OMG have you seen that show !?!).  Well at 11:00 Gage started moving around a lot and just making weird noises, so Erik went to check on him. He brought him to the bedroom and wanted me to listen to him breathing.  Well it was horrible.  He was like sucking for air and trying to cry but he couldn't....his throat and cough were really dry.  So I facetimed by oldest sister to listen to him.  She thought he sounded bad too so we decided we should go ahead to the ER. We got there and of course he started to sound better.  The doctor came and listened to his lungs and said everything seemed fine but she wanted to do some chest x-rays.  Have you ever see the x-ray machine for babies?? HORRID.  So Gage had so sit on this seat (kinda like a bicycle seat) with these two plastic pieces pressed on both sides of him.  THEN I had to hold his arms above his head while he sat there and SCREAMED.  You see people, I was part of the torture.  I'm not gonna lie, it was awful and I was getting a little teary eyed.  After what seemed like 2 hours (probably about 4 minutes) they finally let me hold him.  What was so hard, Gage is a tough little thing, not much makes him cry but when I had to hold his arms he was looking at me like, "what are you doing to me??"  Long story short, they found nothing.  Although there was no diagnosis or medicine prescribed, we do not regret taking him....that was a scary thing to see! Thankfully his breathing is better but he still has a pretty nasty cough.  Gosh, I didn't know I could love a little soul so much?!  3 hours of sleep and work the next day was totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment