Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas 2012

Gage's first Christmas was great....we can't wait until he is older to really understand what its all about!  Erik's dad, Gary came down on December 23rd to see Gage and go to the Panthers game with Erik on Sunday.  We had a great visit with PawPaw Gary and were sad to see him leave.  Then on Christmas Eve day we drove to Burlington to spend time with Erik's mom, Grandmaw Allene, aunt, uncles, cousin, sister and our nephew, Chase.  Gage opened his first present there and enjoyed tearing the wrapping paper!  We spent Christmas Eve day with Erik's mom's side of the family and drove back to Charlotte that night.  Well...Christmas Eve night was quite interesting.  Apparently Gage was excited about Santa coming because he did not sleep past 3:30.  Being the awesome mom that I am, I let him chew on my iphone.  NOT a good idea.  He must have slobbered in it a little too much and the thing wouldn't even turn on.  So....I was without a phone on Christmas and then the day after Christmas until about 3:45.  Thankfully I bought an extended warranty on the phone and got a brand new one...FO' FREE :)  Without my phone (Lord, I thought I would never live..haha) I did not get a ton of pictures.  I guess I could have used my real camera, but who does that?!  I did get a few Christmas morning with my Ipad.  As always, Erik and I are so thankful for all the friends and family we got to spend Christmas with.  Gage was worn out and slept well the next two nights :)  Here are a few memories from Gage's first Christmas. 

Our Stockings :)

 
Gage opened his first Christmas Card from PawPaw Gary and Treena :)
 
Waiting for Santa.....
 
And this is what Gage thinks about Santa!
 
I believe he likes the box :) 
 
Merry Christmas!
 
Christmas Jammies :)
 
The wrapped gift in the red is his gift from mommy and daddy (you may think we are bad parents for getting our child one gift, but we don't like clutter and knew he would be getting a ton from our families :)  The gift was a turtle that lights up and plays band instruments.  He prefers his remote, car keys, and cell phone :)
 
One of his favorite gifts from the world's best babysitter, Ms. Cindy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment