Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas 2013.

What a fun Christmas!  We went on a train ride a few days before and we learned that Gage absolutely LOVES tearing open presents.

My sweet Aunt Gale got us all tickets to a train ride to see Santa Claus!  It was about an hour away and once we got there we got to ride on a train.  The train took us to see Santa.  We also had chocolate milk and cookies :) The girls (my nieces) got to write letters to Santa and mail them, make a Christmas craft, and listen a story being read...it was a great set up!  We love Aunt Gale, she always has fun stuff planned!


Lauren had to work Christmas morning so we did the Looper Christmas on Monday night.  The kids all got jammies so we had to snap a picture :)  The BEST Christmas present of all was that we found out my oldest sister, Lindsay, is expecting her 4th :)  I am so excited and we are hopeful that it's a boy so
Gage has a companion!  If not, we love girls too....obviously!!



To announce that Erik and I were expecting grandchild #8 for my mom and dad, Lindsay took this picture!  To reveal to us that she was pregnant, she photo shopped #9 into the picture, clever :)

We went to Erik's moms house Christmas Eve Morning.  We "did Christmas" with "J" (thats what Gage calls Erik's mom), Alicia, Chase, and Alicia's boyfriend, Zach.  Alicia got Gage a 'Hug Me Elmo' and 'Potty Elmo' both of which he loves.  Last night he slept with the hug me elmo :)  She always gets great gifts!  J got him ALL kinds of stuff...clothes, toys, and a really cool Radio Flyer Space Ship that turns 360 degrees.  He loves that too!






After Christmas at J's house, we went to Grandmaw Allene's house.  We always do Dirty Santa there and have a great time!  I ended up with a blender and Erik ended up with a nice blanket.  Gage, once again was spoiled by Aunt Brenda and Leslie (Erik's aunt and cousin).  He got a baseball bat and tee and one of his most favorite toys.  You put 4 balls at the top and you hit them with a hammer and they slide down a few tunnels, Gage has been playing with it all day!

After Grandmaw's house we headed back to Charlotte.

Gage got up at 8:30 on Christmas morning.  We put all his toys out from Burlington and let him unwrap a few from us :)  I felt bad for not wrapping more presents (we only got him a few things) because he loved ripping the paper off but now I know for next year!


Opening a big toy "fire truck" that was really a tow truck :)


"Um...mom, could you stop taking my picture?  I'm trying to open my present".



Helping Daddy open his presents.



Already tired!  This is his "lazy boy" from Yaya :)  

We went to my moms for lunch later that day.  We play dirty Santa there too!  I ended up with a hilarious shirt that my aunt made of me, my sisters, and cousins from several different Christmases ago...they are pretty funny :)  Erik actually didn't feel good on Christmas so after he ate he went home :(

Around 5:00 we headed to Mimi's house!  We always eat her infamous deviled egg sandwiches, frito dip, and bottled coke...anymore than that and I wouldn't have been able to walk.

Some more pictures......


There....an 18 week picture!  See, I did take one after all :)


The next morning he slept until 10:00!!!!!  Or course Elmo is hangin' with him.



Thank you Mimi for my train set!


Handy man Gage.



 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!  We hope that God blessed you in 2013 as much as he did us!  Here's to 2014....another year of blessings :)






No comments:

Post a Comment