Friday, December 27, 2013

It's A Girl.

Gender appointments are the funnest (yes, I know its not a word) thing in the world!  Erik and I had been anticipating the gender appointment to find out what baby #2 would be.  Neither one of us had a CLUE what it was going to be.  When people asked I would always say I had no idea but I was leaning towards a boy, don't know why?!  I thought maybe we would have all boys.....boy (haha) was I wrong!

My mom went with us to find out the gender of Gage and she went with us this time too!  Erik, Mom, and I went to the appointment on Thursday, December 19th @ 9:30.  The ultrasound tech was very nice.  She checked to make sure 'baby' was healthy and glory be to God, baby is/was....which in all actuality is THE most important thing.

After about 10-15 minutes (it seemed longer) the tech asked if we wanted to find out the gender.  Um, duh!  So the tech got the "wand" (I don't know what you call it) in position (like the baby was sitting on a copier).  I could have sworn I saw boy parts but when she got real close, I knew it was a girl.  Sure enough she said "you going to have a girl!".  I cried, just like I did with Gage.  Not sure why but its so sweet to hear what your baby is going to be.  Mom was excited and you know Erik....he was his same ol' calm self but happy too :)  Although we have LOTS of girls in our family, we know Gage will be a great big brother.  We are blessed to be chosen to be parents of both a boy and a girl.  I know many people dream of having both sexes, so we consider ourselves lucky.

Well, heres to hairbows and tutus :)  I have already been on etsy.  I am VERY excited about girls clothes, there is not much to choose from when looking for boy clothes.  We are a little nervous about raising a girl and all the "stuff" (i.e. boyfriends) that come with them but we are over the moon excited and know that God is in control.

We revealed to the family on my dad's birthday, December 20th.  We wrapped 13 ornaments (6 blue and 7 pink).  The 13th ornament, which was pink, revealed that we will be having a sweet little girl!


She is healthy :)


So when the ultrasound tech showed this on the screen, I definitely thought it was a boy (that looks like boy parts to me).  Then......


she went to this view and I knew it was a girl!
*Please excuse the glare, that was the best I could do :)


The reveal on Dad's Birthday!


"THE" ornament!


Gage loves her already.  He calls her his "seesta".


Really mom...pink?!


Ooo...she'll look pretty in these.


Peek......


a boo.


And I am about to scream.  Blogger "cannot upload a video at this time"....for the thousandth time.  Ugh.  Anyways, the reveal video is on FB.

Oh and I haven't taken a picture since 12 weeks....to be continued :)

No comments:

Post a Comment